Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
– Agile Principles
Allow the people doing the work to self-organize and discover the best implementation they can given what they know right now. Protect them from organizational politics and outside distractions, enable them to focus on the work at hand.
While we encourage self-organization, we remember the need for direction. While the team does not self-direct, they need a clear vision and an understanding of success in order to attain the autonomy and purpose required to feel motivated.
More in the Agile Principles Series
- Agile Principles: Progress Requires Working Software
- Agile Principles: Tear Down These Cubes
- Agile Principles: Self-Organizing Teams are Motivated Teams
- Agile Principles: Collaborate Everyday
- Agile Principles: Frequently Deliver Working Software
- Agile Principles: Iterate. Evaluate. Repeat.
- Agile Principles: Deliver Early and Often, but Always Deliver Value